Now that the snow has disappeared, for those with a little ‘spring fever’, we have some suggestions for you to participate in over this spring break. The top five things to do in West Kelowna on Spring break include:
- Stopping the by one of the local bike shops to find out what the trails are like. West Kelowna’s town centre is only minutes from some of the best mountain biking trails in the Central Okanagan. Sovereign Cycle or Outbound Cycle can get your bike tuned up and let you know which trails to head out on.
- If the spring showers come there is no need to stay indoors. Why not head out to the Museum to learn about some local history? After the visit, take in a flick at one of our two movie theatres.
- Insider tip here. This time of year is the perfect to visit the wineries as the tasting rooms are less crowded. What this means is more opportunities to ask questions and learn about the wines! Visit www.thewestsidewinetrail.com for a listing and map of all of the wineries along the Westside Wine Trail.
- Indulge. Try some new restaurants that you haven’t been to before. The Westbank Centre has several ethnic restaurants, all within a two square block radius. Here you can find Indian, Japanese, Mexican, Italian, Chinese, Vietnamese as well as classic diner style eateries. Or head over to Governor’s Landing for some bannock.
- Keeping the little ones entertained is usually on the top of mind of parents. Some fun and active options include the Johnson Bentley Aquatic Centre as well as OgoPlay Family Entertainment Centre, an indoor playplace.